Monday, January 26, 2015

NEVER LET GO!

I miss holding hands.  The spark that warms you simply by interlacing your fingers with another person.  The knowledge that someone is walking beside you, offering support and love as you travel the slippery slopes together. 

When I was pregnant I remember seeing swollen bellies everywhere.  Now that I am single, it seems as if I catch every Match.com, "He went to Jared", and Sandals resort commercial on television.  I often feel like I am in a cruel game of musical men and I have to hurry up and grab one before the song abruptly ends.  I have spent the two years since my divorce seriously grieving the loss of the dream that I once held dear, and painfully evaluating what went wrong.

After sharing an eye opening discussion with a wise single friend of mine, I spent some time in prayer.  God whispered something to me that calmed my anxious heart.  "You're still focused on crumbs, when I desire to give you so much more."   Our humanness forces us to find something...anything....anyone that will distract us from the real heart of the matter.  There is nothing and no one that can fix or heal our brokenness.  So what is a lonely girl to do?

Believe in myself.  Trust God. Pray. Pray some more. Study His word. Raise my children. Surround myself with people that I love.  Serve others. Exercise self-control. Be Grateful. Use my gifts. Be Patient. Don't Settle. Dream. Be Courageous.

I don't know when, or where, or even if I will meet him, but I do know one thing for sure...once I find that hand to hold...I am never letting go. 

2 comments: